Melanie R. Flannery
The gist of it: A classically trained vocalist with a degree in jazz, a fast-learner who takes direction well with a large range and a versatile sound. Nickname: One-take Wanda.
- Mel Flannery Trucking Co. & Mel Flannery, Lead Singer, Composer
- Performs over 8 years at venues such as Joe’s Pub, the Cutting Room, the Bitter End, Rockwood Music Hall and Mercury Lounge in New York, as well as venues across the country such as BB Kings in Nashville, and Genghis Cohen in Los Angeles.
- Jesus on the Mainline, Featured Soloist, Lead Background Singer
- Performs at venues like Joe’s Pub, Bowery Ballroom, Music Hall of Williamsburg and Brooklyn Bowl
- MIXTAPE: a cover band for hipsters, Lead Female Singer
- Performs ‘hipster music’ for private events with a six to ten piece band
- Soulive and Nigel Hall Band, Lead Background Singer
- Performs at venues such as Terminal 5 and Brooklyn Bowl in New York as well as the Rock ‘n’ Roll Resort Festival and Bear Creek Music Festival.
- Shares stage with guest artists ?uestlove, Fred Wesley, Peewee Ellis, John Scofield, Bernie Worrell, Ivan Neville, Corey Glover and Warren Haynes.
- Nees & Vos, Lead Background Singer
- Performs at venues such as the Gramercy Theater
- Bottomless Cup Jazz Orchestra
- Featured Soloist for concert at Brooklyn Lyceum
- Jesus on the Mainline, Sister City, Brother Bone, 2014
- Mel Flannery Trucking Co., Self-Titled, 2006, White Flag, 2008 (Halogen Records), As It Turns Out, 2010 (Halogen Records), Autoheart, 2013
- Zak Smith, Precambrian Age, 2013, Zak Smith, 2014
- Crushed Velvet and the Velveteers, The Big One, 2011 (Royal Family Records) Credited as Wanda Rose
- Nigel Hall, Ladies and Gentlemen, Nigel Hall, in production (Royal Family Records)
- Nees and Vos, N&V
- Michael Day, A Day In Life, several demos recorded for licensing and placement bids
- Paul Sforza, Working Title, in production
- HUMAN Worldwide, Demo recordings for advertisements
- Manhattan School of Music, New York, N.Y.
- Bachelor’s Degree of Music Arts in Vocal Jazz Performance, Class of 2006
- Renaissance High School for the Arts and Appleton East High School, Appleton, Wis.,
- High School Diploma, Class of 2002
- Private student in jazz and contemporary of Luciana Souza, Kate McGarry, Mark Murphy, Peter Eldridge. Private classical instruction from Carol Jegen and through Lawrence Conservatory.
Excellent sight reader in treble and bass clefs, great German, French, Italian and Spanish diction, skilled writer and arranger, works well in ensemble format as well as solo, hardworking and personable.